|Cover artist||Steve Weston|
|Pages||421(444 including Dragondex)|
|Followed by||The White Dragon|
Dragonquest is the second novel published in the Dragonriders of Pern series and continues the tale of the protagonists of the first novel, Dragonflight. The book is set seven years after the events of Dragonflight and details a changing Pern.
Another Turn, and the deadly silver Threads began falling again. So the bold dragonriders took to the skies and their magnificent flying dragons swirled and swooped in space, belching flames that destroyed the shimmering strands before they reached the ground
But F'lar knew that he had to find a better way to protect the peoples and lands of Pern, and he had to find it before the rebellious Oldtimers could breed any more dissent...before his brother F'nor would be foolhardy enough to launch another suicide mission...and before the mercurial fire lizards could cause even more trouble.
Notable Moments Edit
- F'nor impresses the first fire-lizard to be impressed in centuries, resulting in their reappearance.
- F'lessan and Jaxom find Ancients equipment within Benden Weyr.
- Jaxom impresses Ruth.
- F'lar fights T'ron, and conseqentially the Oldtimers are exiled to the Southern Continent.
- F'nor and Canth jump to the Red Star and are rescued by Brekke's cry.
- Brekke's dragon Wirenth is killed in the fight between her and Prideth.